My time here as the IUPUI University Library Diversity Scholar is nearly over, which means…..
April 29, 2011 § Leave a comment
The IUPUI University Library Undergraduate Diversity Scholar Program is seeking my successor!!! This fellowship has been an amazing experience, and has given me experiential value of which you cannot find easily as a student. Applications are now open and are due by Friday, May 20th by 5:00PM.
The Diversity Scholar Program
In line with the library’s mission and vision towards greater diversity, the IUPUI University Library Undergraduate Diversity Scholar Program was developed. This program will give undergraduates interested in increasing diversity and promoting multicultural awareness at University Library the opportunity to
- Experience professional level work within an academic library setting
- Gain valuable and applicable communication and research skills
- Receive mentoring, build resumes, and prepare for future employment
- Plan, organize, and promote A Film Series Project, the University Library Diversity film series
- Create Library displays that help to develop the multicultural awareness of IUPUI students, staff, and faculty
- Lead initiatives or projects developed themselves that enhance diversity goals
- Earn $10 an hour for 20 hours a week for 10 months
The application process involves a 1 page application form, a brief essay, and 2 recommendations. All forms included in the application packet can be found on the IUPUI University Library Undergraduate Diversity Scholar Program website: http://ulib.iupui.edu/about/diversity/fellowship.
Deadline for application: Friday May 20th by 5:00PM
If you readers have any questions about this position and/or my experience, leave a comment on this post and I will respond as quickly as I can!